Thursday 12 April 2012

Chocolate macarons

stacked pink macarons
chocolate macarons

To make these macarons, I had to think of ways to make use of the egg yolks. I didn't like the idea of throwing them away - that's wasteful. Egg tarts seem to be a pretty good idea; my mom loves egg tarts. So now I got my whites to make these chocolate macarons.

pink macarons

I love how overwhelmingly sweet macarons are, how the shells are slightly crisp and the insides soft. It's amazing that the extremely sweet shells pair so well with the chocolate ganache. Yep, overwhelming. But good. I made some pink plain shells too. I love pink and I think they are pretty. Makes me happy. :)

single pink macaron

I would like to attempt making different flavors of macarons too. Meanwhile I'll think of other ways to use my egg yolks. Or maybe my mom would want egg tarts again... :p

heavenly macaron

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, macarons are like my FAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really can't wait to try yours... Or even try baking together!

    ReplyDelete