Tuesday 12 August 2014

Oats with bran and easy-peelers


It's starting to get chillier around here, a sign that summer's coming to an end. I was only beginning to enjoy the warmth and sunshine - I think we've had barely three weeks of that. 


Before it gets too cold, I'm gonna make more of these cold oatmeals for breakfast. They're really easy to make and satisfy as a delightful first meal of the day. Just mix oats and milk in a 1:1 ratio and leave it refrigerated over night. Instead of a full portion of milk, you can mix in some yoghurt. I sweeten it the next morning with honey and fruits. It's versatile really, you can add anything you want. 


Initially adding oranges to my oatmeal seemed a little odd. But the luscious oranges added zest to my breakfast and it was nothing less than yummy! I was trying to *save the best for last* by intentionally leaving out a few spoonfuls of the oranges.


It may be getting colder now, but that's alright I guess. I'm really looking forward to crisp copper autumn leaves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment