Sunday 24 April 2016

Cinnamon raisin muffins


It's finally the weekend - finally time all to myself, for myself, to reboot my brain and unwind. The work week has given me a literal headache. I wonder if every profession faces the same frustration of waiting to rush, and rushing to wait. This really gets on my nerves. I wish I have a time locket which can be used to store all the time "wasted" while waiting, and release them for good use when the sudden load of work arrives.


After a tiresome week, I just wanted a fuss-free, sweet treat. These cinnamon raisin muffins are for a lazy day, when you simply just want an oven-baked dessert with the least amount of effort. You can almost never go wrong pairing raisins with cinnamon!


These muffins don't have to be cooled completely before serving. Best when slathered with butter when warm!

What?
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
How?
  1. To plump the raisins, place them in a bowl and pour boiling water over. Leave for 5-10 minutes, drain well and set aside.
  2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugars together.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, egg, vanilla and milk together until they are blended.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined and fold in the raisins.
  5. Fill muffin cups with the batter up to 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degC for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 
  6. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool. Best served warm with some butter and jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment