Friday 11 September 2015

Konnyaku chrysanthemum jelly


Home sweet home. Been a week since I've been back! I was so excited to start baking again that I went on a mini baking shopping spree in the supermarket. Gathered some almond meal, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate, vanilla and flour. Then when I got back, I realised I forgot good ol' butter. GARH.

In need of a quick dessert fix, I decided to raid the pantry and the fridge to see what I can come up with. 


I found packets of konnyaku jelly powder sitting right there on my shelf! In place of fruits, I decided to make some jellies with chrysanthemum flowers.


Chrysanthemum flowers were first washed and boiled with about a litre of water. After sifting out the flowers, the jelly powder was then added while stirring.


These perky, bouncy chrysanthemum-flavoured little rounds are strewed with wolfberries for some natural sweetness.


A healthy and delightful treat for a quiet, pleasant evening. It feels good to be back. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment