Sunday 6 May 2012

Buns

Buns full-house

My favorite carbo comes from bread. Bread and buns are the best for mornings, or maybe a snack for tea break. I like them soft and tender, and best if warmed. Sometimes I go for sweet raisins or red bean fillings, sometimes I like it salty (yummy sardine please!!! - I've been on a sardine/mackerel craze since a few months ago...). So one day I decided I want to make my own buns (though I still think it is easier to get them from bread shops...). Anyhooo, here they are!

Buns galore

Though it may be more convenient to just get buns from the local bakery, nothing beats the satisfaction of witnessing the proofing and being surrounded by the aroma of hot baking buns. Moreover, I choose for myself what I want to put into my buns (no preservatives or whatsoever!) and how I want them to taste. I made ham and cheese, sausage, red bean, tuna, sugar-butter and seaweed this time. I already know what fillings I'm gonna make next! :) I honestly don't know why there aren't sardines in these...

This is my first attempt at baking bread, and I have to say it really isn't as hard as I thought it would be. In fact, I enjoyed it very much. Loved the process and how the buns turned out. And yay, now we have homemade bread for breakfast tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!! How did you do it? Did you use a bread making machine? They look ready to be sold! :D and eaten. :)
    Nice one!!! :D Looking foward to more entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I didn't use a bread making machine. You can if you want to! Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete